This documentation covers specific information regarding how to work with SilverStripe CMS code when deployed on the Common Web Platform infrastructure.
The 'metapackages' that make up the codebase are referred to as the CWP
Recipes. They are made up of your own custom
developed code alongside:
- SilverStripe CMS (open source CMS product).
- SilverStripe commercially supported modules (which deliver many of the default features).
- Two CWP specific modules (cwp and cwp-core) that implement specific configuration and features related to running websites on CWP. There are different recipe variations you can install for a CWP project.
- CWP Core Recipe - Core functionality only recipe for a CWP 2.0 installation.
- CWP CMS Recipe - An extra CMS functionality recipe for a CWP 2.0 installation.
- CWP Search Recipe - A recipe of modules to add search functionality to your CWP 2 project.
- SilverStripe Authoring Tools Recipe - Extra tools for CMS authoring in SilverStripe.
- SilverStripe Blog Recipe - Adds blog functionality for your project.
- SilverStripe Collaboration Recipe - Adds functionality to enhance CMS author collaboration.
- SilverStripe CMS Reporting Tools Recipe - Adds extra CMS reporting tools to your SilverStripe project.
- SilverStripe Content Blocks Recipe - Adds content blocks to your SilverStripe project.
- SilverStripe Form Building Recipe - A recipe of modules to help you build forms in SilverStripe.
- SilverStripe Services Recipe - Adds API and content service modules to your SilverStripe project. The above recipes can be combined as follows:
- Bare bones - SilverStripe plus CWP mandated configuration.
- Bare bones plus the SilverStripe Blog Recipe, or plus the SilverStripe Form Building Recipe, etc.
- The Common Web Platform Installer includes all of the above.
- The CWP Agency Extensions Module can be added to any of the above.
A base for jump-starting development of a CWP project is the Common Web Platform Installer package. This is a recommended way of creating a CWP project. The package includes the CWP CMS Recipe, the CWP Search Recipe, the Registry module, and the Fluent module. In versions prior to 2.6.0, the package also included the Subsites module.
For general information about working with SilverStripe CMS code, please consult the Official SilverStripe CMS developer documentation. We will point developers towards the official documentation when appropriate while ensuring CWP specific development guides are maintained in this documentation.
A short guide for getting a SilverStripe CMS project running on a local development environment.
Developer guidance for working with SilverStripe CMS projects on the Common Web Platform.
Perform common self-service tasks with Common Web Platform Dashboard
Technical implementation, configuration and developer guides for each default feature of a CWP website.
This section contains detailed guides on how to accomplish common development tasks.
Developer guidance for improving performance on the Common Web Platform.
Upgrading guides, changelogs and support timeframes for each released version of the CWP recipe codebase.