2. No need to disclose personal information The Site can be viewed without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. Your disclosure of personal information However, you may choose to disclose personal information to us, for example, by providing information to the Service Desk, signing up to newsletters or by emailing us. If you wish to be removed from newsletters and mailing lists, you can unsubscribe at any time. We will collect some personal information in order to supply certain services when you request them. Information you provide will be viewable by Site administrators, certain Department of Internal Affairs (“DIA”) staff and contractors (including third parties who provide administration and/or improvement services in relation to the Site and provide the Common Web Platform services [“Third Party Contractors”]). Please do not post or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature.
4. Holding of information Personal information that you provide will be held by DIA, and may be shared with, and held by, active Third Party Contractors to the extent necessary for those parties to provide administration and/or improvement services in relation to the Site or to provide the Common Web Platform services. Unless required by law, we will not disclose the names or email addresses of individuals who provide information to us without their consent.
5. Use of personal information We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of administering, evaluating and improving the Site, contacting you, and providing the Common Web Platform services.
6. Statistical information collected We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
7. Use of statistical information The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by Site administrators and certain other DIA staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
8. Cookies This Site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring Site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this Site without affecting your ability to use the Site.
9. Public Records, Official Information and Parliament Your emails and contributions to the Site may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. DIA may also be required to disclose those materials under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee or Parliament in response to a Parliamentary Question.
10. Your rights Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to DIA in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that DIA has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. DIA may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
The Privacy Officer
Department of Internal Affairs
PO Box 805
Phone: 04 495 7200
11. Privacy Commissioner If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: 04 474 7590
Enquiries Line (from Auckland): 302 8655
Enquiries Line (from outside Auckland): 0800 803 909
Fax: 04 474 7595